VST 3rd PARTY DEVELOPER SUPPORT
Welcome to the Steinberg 3rd party developer support pages for VST.
Licensing (The Legal Issues)
The "VST Audio Plug-Ins" and "ASIO" Specifications are available in a
freely licensed software development kit subject to certain conditions. These conditions are set out in a licensing agreement
which you should read carefully before proceeding to download the SDKs itself. By downloading the SDKs, you are agreeing to all the
conditions specified in the licensing agreement.
- September 3, 2013 : VST 2 development ends:
Steinberg announces that it will no longer continue to develop and maintain the VST 2 software interface but focus efforts
entirely on the Software Development Kit, or SDK, development of VST 3.
Steinberg's host applications, such as Cubase, Nuendo and WaveLab, will continue to support VST 2, but the SDK for VST 2 will be made unavailable by the end of this year.
The VST 3 development kit not only generates VST 3 plug-ins, but also is capable of rendering to VST 2 and AU formats.
What You can do here :
- Download SDK:
- VST Mailing Lists
- Register a VST 1.x or 2.x Audio Plug-In ID
- 3rd Party Developer Support (Steinberg Main Page)
- See VST 2.x Audio Opcodes Supported by Steinberg Products
- See a list of VST 3 Audio Host Applications
- See a list of VST 2 Audio Host Applications
Some Others Links...
- Steinberg Home Page
- Espace Cubase VST (French & English Cubase site
with loads of tips & tricks, guides and resources)
- KVR (Links, reviews, discussion, focussed on VST instruments)
- Music DSP
(Musicdsp.org is a collection of data, gathered for the music dsp community.)
- Delphi Support:
- VST 2 API Monitoring and Logging Tool
jVSTwRapper - the Java way into VST 2 world!
jVSTwRapper is an easy and reliable Java Wrapper for Steinbergs VST 2 interface.
It enables you to develop VST 2.4 compatible audio plugins and virtual instruments plus user interfaces with
the Java Programming Language on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Three Demo Plugins (+src) are included!
VST.NET allows VST Plugin developers to write Plugins in any .NET language
If you want to know more about me (Yvan Grabit):
Send me an Email
- My Bands : Jean Travoltaire
- "My" Plugins: Bitcrusher, Chopper2, HALion, HALion Player,
LM4-MarkII, Metalizer2, Mix6To2, Mix8To2, MixConverter, MixerDelay, MultiScope, NuendoEQ,
Plex, RingModulator, Rotary, Scope, StepFilter, StereoSpread, SurroundPan, The Grand, TranceFormer2, TranceMitter, Vocoder,